Hi,

I've refreshed the wiki page a bit using input from the discussion so far. See https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/WebSockets

A few things I realized and tried to reflect in the page:

A single fragment can be 61 bits large and a message consists of multiple such fragments: we must have an API that provides data piece by piece to the applicaiton and signal the FIN when it arrives.

We need to provide a callback-based approach (as well) to allow for many concurrent websocket transfers - especially for applications that want to mix those up with a few "regular protocol" transfers as well. I've tried to describe how it could work. Not sure it is flexible enough.

I added a few questions marked "TBD" in there that I don't think we have answered yet.

I think we can design an API that can work. What's the biggest omissions or mistakes in the current draft?

--

 / daniel.haxx.se