On Tue, 24 Aug 2021, Ben Greear via curl-library wrote:

What is your network-under-test in this case?

Not sure.

I hope to come up with a way where the network and exact server aren't terribly important as long as they perform roughly the same on repeated runs. It would need some experimenting I think.

If we run "sprinter" using say 10 different libcurl versions on the same host, network and test server (probably using localhost or a host that is on a network that cannot be saturated by a single CPU core) it might tell us something.

I'll probably start out making the necessary scripts and those 10 runs on my own machine to see what I learn and then go from there.

Maybe it could be interesting to point those 10 runs on a different server/network setup then to see if that changes anything.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se