Hi folks,

I'm looking to make my first contribution to curl and was considering issue 
#15472 "setting a disabled option should return CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN instead of 
CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION"

I took a look through lib/setopt.c and found a few #else guarded branches for 
disabled features that still fall through to CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION, while the 
CURLOPT_STREAM_WEIGHT branch (USE_HTTP2/USE_HTTP3) already does this correctly 
with CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN. My plan would be to walk the rest of setopt.c looking 
for the same pattern and fix them, and add proper tests to build the code and 
verify the returend code

Before I put time into it, a couple of questions:
a) is this still considered worth fixing, or has it been deprioritized?
b) any objection to this as a first contribution? I'm mainly using it to get a 
feel for the codebase and the review process, so I'd rather find that out now 
than after a wasted pull request

Regards,
Alghamdi, Salman.
-- 
Unsubscribe: https://lists.haxx.se/mailman/listinfo/curl-library
Etiquette:   https://curl.se/mail/etiquette.html

Reply via email to