Friedger:

>>I had a similar issue and used my own implementation of
StandardStringCell. >>In the refresh-data method I set the parent's
background to change the >>color. This should also work for font color.

This is a very clever workaround, although I should add that it is not
guaranteed to work in future versions, as it relies on implementation
details in StandardRecordGridUI.  (In particular, that the "row graphic"
is the immediate graphical parent of the RecordGridCell).

A more clumsy, but safer workaround would be to dynamically set the
background in *all* the cells being displayed.

Lee