[EMAIL PROTECTED](B wrote:

>Hi gurus.
>
>Is DateTime class can not treat dates before 1970?
>
>This could be a big problem for our project.
>(We use Curl 3.0.4 ... back from 4.0 beta, so far)
>Because it's very possible that the system needs to caliculate
>or display person's birthdays which mainly before 1970.
>
>Do I misunderstand about DateTime?
>If so, would you tell me about DateTime for detail?
>Otherwise, please tell me about any classes or ways to avoid this limit.

DateTime is limited to the range 1970 to 2038 when the default local
time zone is used, but you can express any date you want if you are
using UTC based time zones. For instance:

{DateTime "1964-09-15 +0500"}
{DateTime "01/01/1601", zone = DateTimeZone.utc}
{DateTime year = -44, month = 3, day = 15, zone = DateTimeZone.utc}
etc.

This is mentioned in the Date and Time Library chapter in the
developer's guide.

The DateTimeZoneMode documentation also incorrectly states that dates
betweem 1970 and 3999 may be represented when in fact pretty much any
date may be represented.