Friedger:

> I would like to use StandardDropdownCell in a RecordGrid. The list of
> possible values should be read from a RecordSet. Where do I specify the
> dropdown list or the model of it? Which method should be overriden?

If the data is static enough,  (and you want to display the actual data)
your best bet is to create a custom Domain that returns the data items in
the recordset as "allowable-values".  RecordGrid will display any field with
such a domain automatically using the DropdownList.

If you need greater flexibility, override {StandardDropdownCell.create
editor} to return the DropdownList with whatever data-model you actually
want. The best is just to attach the data-model you want to whatever is
returned by the super call.

If the data changes frequently you may want to update it in
RecordGridCell.note-grid-focus-in.  This will be far more efficient then
updating in RecordGridCell.refresh-data.

-Lee