From: David Kranz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 10:00 AM
To: curlbreaker-l@curl.com
Subject: Re: Intro & Question about Curl Adopters

Paul, thanks for your interest.

You may not have heard much about Curl in the recent past because we are
currently focused on promoting Curl in East Asia, particularly in Japan
and Korea. Curl is very well known there, with our technology used by
more than 120 customers in Japan in addition to some in Korea and North
America. We have many important partners in Japan who are developing
products using Curl, and we had an enthusiastic response to our large
booth at a recent developer's conference in Tokyo (SODEC).

Your question is timely because we are just starting to promote the use
of Curl technology outside of East Asia. Free licenses for
non-commercial use will soon be available, and we are planning to make
commercial licenses available worldwide - details will be announced
later this year.

Meanwhile, Curlbreaker readers may be interested to learn that there
will be a new version (4.0) of Curl released in September, and that the
beta release of this 4.0 can be downloaded by any one who is interested.
We will be posting it on our website soon, but for now you can send mail
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for download instructions.

Here are some of the new features in version 4.0. A more complete list
is available on the welcome page of the IDE.

Better interface to dlls
Data-driven charts
Diagram API
Improved tree control and tab container
Support for pagination
Improved printing
Improved RecordGrid
Applet code signing
Basic encryption API
Serialization
Detached (browserless) applets

The Curl IDE also has the following new features in 4.0:

Performance profiler
Integrated source control
Multiple open projects
Full-text search of help
Http traffic monitor
Wizard for creating VLE extensions
Code coverage tool

Best regards,

David Kranz
CTO, VP Engineering
Curl, Inc.
Cambridge, MA 02142
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As for the VRML question, I do not know whether such a conversion has
been written by any one.

This e-mail contains confidential information that is proprietary to EPCOR and
its subsidiary companies in all respects.  This information is intended only
for the person(s) named in the destination address.  Unauthorized distribution,
copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in
error, please delete it immediately.