On Nov 21, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Friedger wrote:
if the user selects the direct printer, e.g. in windows "generic/text only" I think you can sent plain text to the printer. Though I haven't tried yet.

Make sure you have set 0 margins, no headers, etc.

Friedger

With privilege, you should be able to write to file:///lpt1: . You have to do it with a byte stream, since the text streams like to peek at what is already in a local file to see if they need to do anything about character encoding. I haven't actually tried this (don't have a printer handy), but I'm told this should work.

-- Duke