Hi,

Ultimately, I hope to get the random number appearing between 2 bouncing balls displayed in an applet and a new random number shows up everytime someone clicks on a button.

I tried the code below but does not seem to be working.

Is there something i am missing. Also, do you know how i can create bouncing balls in Curl?

Thanks,
PangTee
{curl 4.0 applet}
{curl-file-attributes character-encoding = "windows-latin-1"}
{applet manifest = "file:///c:/manifest.mcurl",
    {compiler-directives careful? = true}
}
{view
{import * from CURL.GUI.SHAPES}
{Canvas
    width = 9cm,
    height = 8cm,
    {ShapeGroup
        translation = {Distance2d 0cm, 7cm},
        {RectangleShape
            {GRect 0cm, 1cm, 1cm, 0cm},
            color = "#006968",
            translation = {Distance2d (1.1cm * 1), 0cm}
        },
        {RectangleShape
            {GRect 0cm, 1cm, 5cm, 0cm},
            color = "#2462a2",
            translation = {Distance2d (1.1cm * 6), 0cm}
        }
    }
   {value
    let random:Random = {Random}
     {random.next-in-range 1, 1328}
},

}
}

pang tee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks. I wrote the below code but would like to try to change it to use RolledRandom.next-roll instead. Can someone guide me with the change?

I keep getting syntax errors.

{View
{value
    let random:Random = {Random}
     {random.next-in-range 1, 1328}
},
    visibility = "normal",
    {on WindowClose do
        {exit}
    }
}

Thanks,
PangTee

Kamal Bhatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Use the class Random.

{value
    let random:Random = {Random}

     {random.next-float}
}

Note that Random had several methods to get a random int16, int32, uint8, etc