From: "Bert Halstead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Christopher Barber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "JamesWang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <curlbreaker-l@curl.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: Does Curl support override(Not about class inheritance)

> Christopher Barber wrote:
>
> > It is possible to mimic the behavior of overloading by defining a
> > macro which examines its arguments and determines which implementation
> > to dispatch to, but it is usually not worth the trouble.
>

> Also, Curl's support for optional, rest, and keyword arguments in
> procedure (as well as method and constructor) argument lists means that
> many problems that would otherwise be solved using overloading are easy
> to solve without overloading.  For example, if you want to define a
> procedure that sometimes takes one argument and sometimes two, it is
> easy to define a procedure using a definition like this
>
>     {define-proc {p a:double, ...:double}:double
>          <procedure body>
>     }
>
> and then within the body of the procedure you can check whether or not a
> second argument was supplied, and act accordingly.
>
> -Bert

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of Neusoft Group Ltd., its
subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is not
the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing, storing,
disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system.
Thank you.