Indeed the kernel from overnight boots OK and sound works. There is some
problem with the sound in this configuration though - I use from time to
time audio/moc on this machine and noticed it has become decidedly choppy -
I don't know when, as it is the same with earlier working kernels (but
perhaps two months ago it was OK). Of course the reason for this may lay
outside NetBSD - VirtualBox sound emulation driver, Windows 10 driver etc.

Chavdar