I see you are on a ThinkPad as well. I have mentioned it elsewhere, on my
ThinkPad T61p I am getting reliably since the NCQ update the following:
wd0 at atabus0 drive 0
wd0: <Hitachi HTS725032A9A364>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
wd0: 298 GB, 620181 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 625142448 sectors
piixide0:0:0: bad state 0 in wdc_ata_bio_intr
panic: wdc_ata_bio_intr: bad state
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rip 0xffffffff8021c0c5 cs 0x8 rflags 0x246 cr2 0 ilevel
0x8 rsp 0xffffe40040003c38
curlwp 0xffffe4013bb27840 pid 0.2 lowest kstack 0xffffe400400002c0
rebooting...

The disk is on the place of the CD with an appropriate tray, this happens
with kernels from releng, not only with mine. There is another disk, an SSD
in the internal bay, with a Windows 10 and some Linux installation, the
default boot is NetBSD from the tray.

Chavdar Ivanov