On Thu, 23 Nov 2017, Robert Elz wrote:

>     From:        "John D. Baker" <jdba...@mylinuxisp.com>
>
>   | I'll try rolling this change back and seeing if that works.  I'm puzzled
>   | by what about my configs is confusing it, though.

Nope.  made it worse:

[...]
--- dependall-libucom ---
In file included from
/x/current/src/sys/rump/dev/lib/libucom/ucom_at_usb.c:10:0:
./ioconf.c:80:30: error: redefinition of 'pspec0'
 static const struct cfparent pspec0 = {
                              ^
./ioconf.c:71:30: note: previous definition of 'pspec0' was here
 static const struct cfparent pspec0 = {
                              ^
--- ucom_at_usb.pico ---
In file included from
/x/current/src/sys/rump/dev/lib/libucom/ucom_at_usb.c:10:0:
./ioconf.c:80:30: error: redefinition of 'pspec0'
 static const struct cfparent pspec0 = {
                              ^
./ioconf.c:71:30: note: previous definition of 'pspec0' was here
 static const struct cfparent pspec0 = {
                              ^
[...]

> You'll need to send us (by which I mean the royal us, that is,
> chris...@netbsd.org  (or the list if it is not secret)) a copy
> of a failing config file if this problem is to be found.

True.  The failing config for sparc:

# DAVID - SS5-85 NTP, DNS, DHCP, mail, web, etc. machine
#
include         "arch/sparc/conf/GENERIC"
no options      INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
options         INCLUDE_JUST_CONFIG
makeoptions     CPUFLAGS+="-mcpu=v8"
maxusers        16
no options      SUN4            # sun4/100, sun4/200, sun4/300
no options      SUN4C           # sun4c - SS1, 1+, 2, ELC, SLC, IPC, IPX, etc.
no options      SUN4D           # sun4d - SS1000, SC2000
no options      SUN4_MMU3L      # sun4/400 3-level MMU
options         BLINK
no options      WSEMUL_VT100
no options      WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD
no options      WSDISPLAY_CUSTOM_OUTPUT
no options      WS_DEFAULT_FG
no options      WS_DEFAULT_BG
no options      WS_KERNEL_FG
no options      WS_KERNEL_BG
no options      WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT
no options      WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS
no options      WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL
no options      WSDISPLAY_SCROLLSUPPORT
no options      FONT_GALLANT12x22       # the console font
no options      FONT_BOLD8x16           # a somewhat smaller font
options         NFS_BOOT_BOOTP
no options      COMPAT_43       # 4.3BSD system interfaces
no options      COMPAT_10       # NetBSD 1.0 binary compatibility
#no options     COMPAT_70       # NetBSD 7.0 binary compatibility
no options      COMPAT_SUNOS    # SunOS 4.x binary compatibility
no file-system  MFS             # memory-based filesystem
no file-system  CODA            # Coda File System; also needs vcoda (below)
file-system     SMBFS           # SMB file system; also needs nsmb (below)
file-system     UDF             # experimental - OSTA UDF CD/DVD file-system
file-system     HFS             # experimental - Apple HFS+ (read-only)
file-system     ADOSFS          # AmigaDOS File System
options         FFS_EI          # FFS Endian Independent support
options         APPLE_UFS       # Apple flavor of UFS
options         IPSEC           # IP security
options         IPSEC_ESP       # IP security (encryption part; define w/IPSEC)
#options        IPSEC_NAT_T     # IPsec NAT traversal (NAT-T)
options         ISO,TPIP        # OSI networking
options         EON             # OSI tunneling over IP
options         NETATALK        # AppleTalk (over Ethernet) protocol
no options      IPFILTER_LOG    # Add ipmon(8) logging for ipfilter device
no options      IPFILTER_LOOKUP # ippool(8) support
no cpuunit0     at mainbus0                             # sun4d
no cpuunit*     at mainbus0                             # sun4d
no cpu0 at cpuunit0                                     # sun4d
no sbus0        at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no sparcvme0    at mainbus0                             # sun4
no sparcvme0    at iommu0                               # sun4m
no vme0 at sparcvme0                                    # MI VME attachment
no bootbus0     at cpuunit0                             # sun4d
no bootbus*     at cpuunit?                             # sun4d
no xbox*        at sbus?
no sbus*        at xbox?
no nell*        at sbus?                # PCMCIA bridge
no pcmcia*      at nell?
no tslot*       at sbus?                # PCMCIA bridge (tadpole 3gx)
no pcmcia*      at tslot?
no auxreg0      at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no auxiotwo0 at obio0                                   # only on Tadpole
SPARCbook.
no clock0       at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no clock0       at obio0                # sun4/300
no clock0       at bootbus0                                     # sun4d
no oclock0      at obio0                # sun4/200
no oclock0      at obio0                # sun4/100
no memreg0      at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no memreg0      at obio0                # sun4/200 and sun4/300
no memreg0      at obio0                # sun4/100
no timer0       at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no timer0       at obio0                # sun4/300
no eeprom0      at obio0                # sun4/200
no eeprom0      at obio0                # sun4/100
no zs0  at mainbus0                                             # sun4c
no zs0  at obio0                # sun4/200 and sun4/300
no zs0  at obio0                # sun4/100
no zs0  at bootbus0                                             # sun4d
no zs1  at mainbus0                                             # sun4c
no zs1  at obio0                                                # sun4m
no zs1  at obio0                # sun4/200 and sun4/300
no zs1  at obio0                # sun4/100
no zs1  at bootbus0                                             # sun4d
no kbd0 at zstty?               # keyboard
no ms0  at zstty?               # mouse
no wskbd*       at wskbddev?
no wsmouse*     at wsmousedev?
no zs2  at obio0                # sun4/300
no zstty2       at zs2                          # ttyc
no zstty3       at zs2                          # ttyd
no zs*  at bootbus?                                             # sun4d
no zstty*       at zs?
no com* at obio0                                                # sun4m
no magma*       at sbus?
no mtty*        at magma?
no mbpp*        at magma?
no spif*  at sbus?
no stty*  at spif?
no sbpp*  at spif?
no dma0 at obio0                # sun4/300
no esp0 at obio0        # sun4/300
no esp0 at sbus0                # sun4c
#no dma*        at sbus?                        # SBus
no esp* at sbus?                # SBus
#no esp*        at dma?                                 # SBus
no isp* at sbus?
no scsibus* at isp?
no si0  at vme0
no scsibus* at si?
no sw0  at obio0
no scsibus* at sw?
no xdc0 at vme0
no xdc1 at vme0
no xdc2 at vme0
no xdc3 at vme0
no xd*  at xdc?
no xyc0 at vme0
no xyc1 at vme0
no xy*  at xyc?
no fdc0 at mainbus0                                     # sun4c controller
no fdc0 at obio0                                        # sun4m controller
no fd*  at fdc0                                         # the drive itself
options         VND_COMPRESSION         # compressed vnd(4)
pseudo-device   cgd     4
no pseudo-device        raid
no options      RAID_AUTOCONFIG         # auto-configuration of RAID components
no le0          at obio0        # sun4/300
no le0          at sbus0                # sun4c on-board
no le*          at sbus?                # SBus
no ledma*               at sbus?                # SBus
no le*          at ledma?                                       # SBus
no lebuffer0    at sbus?                # SBus
no le0          at lebuffer?                                    # SBus
no lebuffer*    at sbus?                # SBus
no le*          at lebuffer?                                    # SBus
no ie0  at obio0                # sun4/200 on-board
no ie0  at obio0                # sun4/100 on-board
no ie1  at vme0
no ie2  at vme0
no ie3  at vme0
no ie4  at vme0
no qec* at sbus?                # Quad Ethernet Controller
no be*  at qec?                                         # BigMac Ethernet
(10/100MBd)
no qe*  at qec?                                         # Mace Ethernet (10MBd)
no hme* at sbus?
no en0  at sbus?
no exphy*       at mii?                         # 3Com internal PHYs
no icsphy*      at mii?                         # Integrated Circuit Systems
ICS189x
no inphy*       at mii?                         # Intel 82555 PHYs
no lxtphy*      at mii?                         # Level One LXT-970 PHYs
no nsphy*       at mii?                         # NS83840 PHYs
no qsphy*       at mii?                         # Quality Semiconductor QS6612
PHYs
no sqphy*       at mii?                         # Seeq 80220/80221/80223 PHYs
no tlphy*       at mii?                         # ThunderLAN PHYs
no ukphy*       at mii?                         # generic unknown PHYs
no pseudo-device        sl
no pseudo-device        pppoe
pseudo-device   gre                     # generic L3 over IP tunnel
no pseudo-device        ipfilter
no pseudo-device        vlan
no pseudo-device        bridge
no pseudo-device        agr                             # IEEE 802.3ad link
aggregation
no audioamd0    at mainbus0                                     # sun4c
no audioamd0    at obio0                                        # sun4m
no audioamd0    at sbus0                # sun4m
no dbri*                at sbus?                # SUNW,DBRI[s3|e]
no bwtwo0               at sbus0                # sun4c and sun4m
no bwtwo*               at sbus?                #
no bwtwo0               at obio0        # sun4/200
no bwtwo0               at obio0        # sun4/300 in P4 slot
no bwtwo0               at obio0        # sun4/100 in P4 slot
no cgthree0     at sbus?
no cgthree*     at sbus?
no cgsix0               at sbus?
no cgsix*               at sbus?
no cgsix0               at obio0        # sun4/300 P4
no cgsix0               at obio0        # sun4/100 P4
no tcx0         at sbus?
no cgtwelve*    at sbus?
no cgfourteen*  at obio0                                # sun4m
no pnozz0               at sbus?
no options PNOZZ_USE_LATCH
no zx*          at sbus?
no agten*       at sbus?
no mgx*         at sbus?
no genfb*       at sbus?
no wsdisplay0   at wsemuldisplaydev?
no wsdisplay*   at wsemuldisplaydev?
no tctrl0 at obio0
no pseudo-device        vcoda           # coda minicache <-> venus comm.
pseudo-device   pf                      # PF packet filter
pseudo-device   pflog                   # PF log if
no pseudo-device        wsmux                   # mouse and keyboard multiplexor
no pseudo-device        wsfont
pseudo-device   nsmb                    # SMB requester for SMBFS (above)
options FILEASSOC               # fileassoc(9)
pseudo-device   veriexec                1
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_RMD160
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_SHA256
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_SHA384
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_SHA512
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_SHA1
options VERIFIED_EXEC_FP_MD5
options PAX_MPROTECT=0                  # PaX mprotect(2) restrictions
options PAX_ASLR=0              # PaX Address Space Layout Randomization