On 03.04.2018 23:36, Havard Eidnes wrote:
>>> And ... as follow-up I thought I'd check whether "make test" in
>>> lang/llvm (5.0.1nb1) works on NetBSD/amd64 8.0_BETA.  And while the
>>> selftest setup seems to work fine on this platform, there are quite a
>>> bit of unexpected failures:
>>>
>>>   Expected Passes    : 20309
>>>   Expected Failures  : 130
>>>   Unsupported Tests  : 786
>>>   Unexpected Failures: 211
>>>
>>> and it seems a lot of the tests simply crash.  An example:
>>
>> Most of that fixed in 6.0, MPROTECT violation in JIT code.
>
> I would have never guessed that as the root cause given the
> diagnostics emitted.  This smells like software which tries to be
> too clever by half.
>
> Regards,
>
> - HÃ¥vard

All the JIT engines were made compatible with PaX MPROTECT on NetBSD.
There will be few remaining failures in MemoryBlock (or similar class
name) as they are testing W|X protection.

I recall that there were 2 cases where something broke because of
environment setup, like unexpected libstdc++ for clang/NetBSD rather
than hardcoded libc++.

I've not been testing the exact 6.0 release so the exact number of
failures will wary. Probably below 20?