Am Di., 7. Mai 2019 um 12:17 Uhr schrieb Jared McNeill <jmcne...@invisible.ca>:
> [...]
> Now on to the modern boot method..
>
> Using U-Boot 2018.11 or later, setup a FAT partition with the following files
> on it:
>
>   EFI/BOOT/bootarm.efi
>   your-fdt-file.dtb
>
> U-Boot will automatically launch the UEFI bootloader and you will be
> presented with a countdown timer. bootarm will load a native ELF kernel (by
> default /netbsd) from the first FFS partition on the same drive that the
> loader came from. In addition, bootarm passes information about where to find
> the root device to the kernel automatically, so you shouldn’t need to specify
> a root= option. GENERIC and GENERIC64 kernels are setup to automatically use
> fb when available, so console=fb is also no longer required.

Great news!
It tried / played with that on my bananapro with some limited success:

- I just managed to boot successfully a netbsd elf kernel via network
/ pxe. (How to disable / reorder pxe booting?)

- I was not able to bootarm.efi this kernel from its local ffs2 (!)
netbsd partition on the sdcrad. Is bootarm.efi limited to ffs1?

- In case of a connected sata disk: Is it possible to directly boot
from that via bootarm.efi (or specify explicitly a boot device)?

Once the kernel is found and loaded everything seems to run fine!

Regards, Markus.