m...@netbsd.org wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:49:58AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> m...@netbsd.org wrote:
>> >
>> >Firefox works great. The discussion here isn't about firefox being
>> >broken on netbsd, it's being broken across an update. That usually
>> >happens due to some kind of binary incompatibility being introduced.
>>
>> I'm not sure this is down to a binary incompatibility.
>>
>> I started seeing the same thing recently too even when Firefox and all
>> its dependencies have been rebuilt from source.
>>
>> Google Maps triggers it for me.
>
>You've also stated that glxgears crashes, so it might be the same
>problem.  Are you building netbsd in a special way?

I only get crashes from glxgears on aarch64, it works fine on the
amd64 desktop machine that I'm running Firefox on.

>From the stack trace that Paul Goyette provided it looks to me like
a Firefox bug is triggering one in Mesa.

The crash is within _mesa_error() but this is called because of an
assertion near the start of _mesa_GetString().

_mesa_GetString( GLenum name )
{
   GET_CURRENT_CONTEXT(ctx);
   static const char *vendor = "Brian Paul";
   static const char *renderer = "Mesa";

   if (!ctx)
      return NULL;

   ASSERT_OUTSIDE_BEGIN_END_WITH_RETVAL(ctx, NULL);