Well, another issue to deal with on my new build.  This time, it is
the dwiic0 device at fault.

Booting single user gets as far as the ``which shell'' prompt, but
as soon as you proceed past this point (including normal non-single-
user boot), the dwiic starts spewing time-out messages.  These
messages come every 0.5 second or so, and there's usually a hundred
or more messages before they stop;  in some cases the messages have
continued to stream by for several minutes (at which point I pressed
the reset button).  The value for %d is always 0 or 1.

(excerpt from $SRC/sys/dev/ic/dwiic.c starting at line 496)

                        if (rx_avail == 0) {
                                device_printf(sc->sc_dev,
                                    "timed out reading remaining %d\n",
                                    (int)(len - 1 - readpos));
                                sc->sc_i2c_xfer.error = 1;
                                return (1);
                        }

This is so intrusive and unpredictable in duration that I need to
run the system with dwiic disabled (via userconf).

Any clue on what might be wrong?  This is a brand new build with all
new parts.  The dmesg (minus the dwiic) is posted at

        https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=7563

| Paul Goyette (.sig) | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)           | 1B11 1849 721C 56C8 F63A | p...@whooppee.com    |
| Software Developer  | 6E2E 05FD 15CE 9F2D 5102 | pgoye...@netbsd.org  |
| & Network Engineer  |                          | pgoyett...@gmail.com |