katamyra opened a new pull request, #464:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/464

   Fixes: Database setup errors and Keycloak configuration
   
   This new PR addresses two key issues that I encountered in the development 
environment setup:
   
   1. **Outdated Keycloak Image and Configuration:**
   * The keycloak version is updated to version 24.0.0 (the old version was out 
of date)
   * Adjusts the Keycloak command to ensure proper realm import and hostname 
handling for development purposes.
   
   2. **MariaDB Volume Binding for macOS Compatibility:**
   * Modifies the MariaDB volume binding to utilize a Docker volume instead of 
a direct host path. This resolves potential ".frm" errors caused by file system 
inconsistencies between macOS and the Docker environment.
   
   I can confirm that the .frm issues with maria db was a recurring issue that 
occurred on multiple arm based mac-os machines. I was able to find that 
switching from directory mounts to volume mounts solves these issues, likely 
due to how macos manages docker containers file systems. These changes ensure a 
more stable and reliable development environment, particularly for users on 
macOS. I went through the IDE-integration process and can confirm that the new 
keycloak version behaves as expected for the django-portal. 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to