Completely agree that the participants must own what they contribute to the
CVE list.
That ownership/attribution should be clearly visible on the (new) CVE.org
site.
Consumers of a poorly written (vague, unactionable) CVE entry should talk
to the CNA and not blame the CVE Program or MITRE.

This is no different than how Twitter users are seen as being responsible
for their tweets and not Twitter Inc.,
While a hyperlink in a tweet may increase a tweet's credibility, why would
lack of one make a tweet not authoritative?

IMHO the reason services like Twitter have a lot of participation is
because they do not require everyone to set up their own websites to be
able to publish opinions (which was the case in the 1990s :-))

Thank you,
Chandan

--
Sr Director, Product Security Assurance, Vulnerability Remediation, and
PSIRT