On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 04:58:10PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:32:11PM -1000, Juli Mallett wrote:
> >     [ cvs commit: src/share/mk bsd.lib.mk bsd.prog.mk ]
> > >   When building WITHOUT_ASSERT_DEBUG, we need to disable -Werror as its 
> > > easy
> > >   to see "warning: unused variable `foo'".
> > 
> > I think it might be a better idea to -Wno-unused, since the only sorts of
> > warnings one wants to ignore building NDEBUG are the variables which are
> > otherwise unused.
> 
> Hum.. I assumed that WITHOUT_ASSERT_DEBUG was a rare case and used as
> part of producing a production release where one knows /usr/src builds
> as-usual.  -Wno-unused would scratch this itch, but we need to find a way
> to codify it so that we're not putting GCC options into share/mk.  I
> guess make a NO_WUNUSED knob.
> 
I think what you have committed is appropriate.


Cheers,
-- 
Ruslan Ermilov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD committer

Attachment: pgpVUGOTkBb02.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to