I am a new user.  I'm trying to use cx-freeze 5.1.1 to create a
portable (to later Ubuntu versions) version of a printer utility that
uses Gtk2.

I have built a dedicated xubuntu 18.04 system and have installed
cx-freeze 5.1.1 on it.  I have also (obviously) installed the printer
utility on the xubuntu 18.04 system and it runs OK there.

I have run the following command:-

    cxfreeze /usr/libexec/okimfputl/scantool.py

This runs OK (with some warnings about missing modules, which look
mostly like Windows ones) and creates a dist directory with the
scantool executable, libpython2.7.so.1.0 and a lib sub-directory in it.

The ~/dist/scantool runs OK on the system where I built it but when I
run it on another system I get the error:-

    ImportError: libpyglib-2.0-python2.7.so.0: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory

Obviously the library file exists on the system where I built it (it
does) but not on the target system.

How do I add the library to the target 'dist'?  I tried putting it
directly in the dist directory (with libpython2.7.so.1.0) and putting
it in the lib sub-directory but neither worked.

Can I add it to the cxfreeze command somehow or do I just need to put
it in the right place in dist?

Please point me elsewhere if this is the wrong place to ask such
questions?

Thank you.

--
Chris Green