Oh, I noticed you might need to debug, or something like that. you do need the source distribution, right?

I just checked the source distribution, actually it can.

what you need to do:

> mvn install -Peverything // it will build the whole cxf source code include the *distribution* module
Or if you already installed all except distribution
> cd distribution
> mvn install -Pfastinstall

After that you can find all the required jars in
distribution\target\cxf-2.0-incubator-RC.dir\cxf-2.0-incubator-RC\lib

Cheers,
James
Sorry, i hit *send* too quickly

I mean you can find the jars in binary distributions, *not* the source distributions, it's in lib directory.

Regards,
James

Hi Feng,

I guess what it mean is the binary distribution, not the source distribution. If you download the source distribution[1] you should be able to find the jars.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/download.html

James
James:

 Another thing, you mentioned "You can add
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository in your
~/.m2/settings.xml to download all the dependencies." But after doing that and "mvn install", I could not find the jars needed to set up the build at http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html such as
wstx-asl-3.2.0.jar, which is supposed to be at "You can find these
dependencies in the CXF distribution in the lib directory."

 Could you guide, pls.

Thanks
Feng

On 5/11/07, Feng Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

James:

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded jdk_1.5.0_11, and the build passes, with minor test error
below: (mvn install)

Anyway, I am happy to move forward.

Thanks again
Feng

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.HTTPClientPolicyTest
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException :
org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.PolicyException: Inco
mpatible HTTPClientPolicy assertions.
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(
JaxWsClientProxy.java:13
4)
        at $Proxy41.sayHi(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.HTTPClientPolicyTest.testUsingHTTPCl
ientPolicies(HTTPClientPolicyTest.java:122)
java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMet
hodRunner.java:99)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected
(TestMethod
Runner.java:81)
at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAn
dAfterRunner.java:34)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod
(TestMethodRunne
r.java:75)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(
TestMethodRunner.java
:45)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(Te
stClassMethodsRunner.java:66)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run
(TestClassMethod
sRunner.java :35)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected
(TestClass
Runner.java:42)
at org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected
(BeforeAn
dAfterRunner.java:34)
        at org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run (
TestClassRunner.java:5
2)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute
(JUnit4TestSet.
java:62)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTes
tSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java :138)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(Ab
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:163)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run (Surefire.java:84)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Su
refireBooter.java:244)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main (
SurefireBooter.j
ava:814)
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.PolicyException: Incompatible
HTTPClientPoli
cy assertions.
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.PolicyUtils.getClient(PolicyUtil
s.java :629)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.PolicyUtils.getClient
(PolicyUtil
s.java:88)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.getClient(
HTTPConduit.java:
1083)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.setHeadersByClientPolicy (HT
TPConduit.java:988)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.setHeadersByPolicy
(HTTPCond
uit.java:1050)
        at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.prepare(
HTTPConduit.java:51
0)
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(Mes
sageSenderInterceptor.java:45)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseIntercept
orChain.java:148)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:215) at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java
:73)
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke (
JaxWsClientProxy.java :12
2)
        ... 26 more
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.125 sec