From: Ray Krueger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2007?7?30? 19:26
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Plain Old Xml over Http

I'm loving CXF right now by the way, so thanks for that :)

I'd like to be able to send my current WSDL types over the wire
without soap envelopes as plain-old-xml via http POST operations.

I started with a WSDL and a pair of Request/Response type objects...

Running wsdl2java generates a perfectly working service with jaxb
inputs/outputs...
(summarizing code here, not copy and pasting)

@WebService
interface CurrencyExchange {
  @WebResult, @WebMethod
  ExchangeResponse exchange(@WebParam ExchangeRequest)
}

Great, all this SOAP stuff works as advertised and that's fantastic.
I'd like people to be able to use a REST-like url (really, I don't
care what the url looks like), but not do the auto-magical xml stuff
that CXF seems to support now in the REST support.

I'd like to use the same schemas I use for the input and output mesage
types in the wsdl.

via the POX approach...
http://localhost:8080/CurrencyExchange/exchange
POST <ExchangeRequest>.....</ExchangeRequest>
returns <ExchangeResponse>....</ExchangeResponse>

via the SOAP approach...
http://localhost:8080/CurrencyExchange
POST <SoapStuff><ExchangeRequest>.....</ExchangeRequest></<SoapStuff>
returns <SoapStuff><ExchangeResponse>....</ExchangeResponse></SoapStuff>

Any ideas where I could start or what I could touch to make this work?

(Hopefully the half-assery that are my code examples; don't confuse anyone)

Registered Number: 171387