Something like the following? It's isn't CXF, but it's from the main
function of a plain old java command line that uses Spring to set up
some things.

GenericApplicationContext appContext = new GenericApplicationContext();

XmlBeanDefinitionReader reader = new
XmlBeanDefinitionReader(appContext);

reader.loadBeanDefinitions(new
ClassPathResource("META-INF/applicationContext.xml"));

BrightPlanetHarvestDocumentSource source =
(BrightPlanetHarvestDocumentSource) applicationContext
                .getBean("documentSource");