FYI, the JDK6 Update3 is the last update which contain the jaxws api 2.0 and jaxb api 2.0,
the later release will contain the jaxws api 2.1 and jaxb api 2.1

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ramapulavarthi/archive/2007/10/jaxws_21_in_jav.html

And another difference this is license, we use Apache 2.0

James