I presume you are using SOAP binding. The best place to look at is the
SAAJOutInterceptor . What this interceptor does is very similar to what you
want to achieve. SAAJOutInterceptor firstly replaces the output stream that
writes the output to socket with its own output stream that writes output to a
DOM tree. At the SAAJOutEndingInterceptor, once all interceptors that may have
impacts on the SOAP Message have finished their job, the DOM is made available
for access. What you need to do is in your own XSLTInterceptor, you replace the
original output stream with a cached output stream (you can use
org.apache.cxf.io. CachedOutputStream), then at your XSLTEndingInterceptro, do
an XSLT transformation then write the transformed result back to the original
output XSLTInterceptro stream.

Cheers,
Jervis