Hi Alex,

CXF need to use XercesImpl 2.8.1.jar.
Please make sure this jar be loaded first.

Willem.

Alex Shneyderman wrote:
I am using Grails framework in conjunction with CXF and I am getting
the following error trying to instantiate a SOAP interface to the
remote service:

Message: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cxf.wsdl.WSDLManager'
defined in class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Instantiation
of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.cxf.wsdl.WSDLManager' defined in
class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]: Instantiation of bean
failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl cannot be cast to
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

Does anyone know what could be a problem? Seems like a conflicting jar
problem but what jar ?

Alex.