>On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 07:25 -0800, qvall wrote:
>> Thanks for clarification. How can i make cxf use base64 encoding to
>> confictual strings then? Any method I should particularly read on? Or
>> maybe
>> i have to encode it manually?

>You have to force the use of a base64 data type. We don't have an
>automatic scheme for this that I know of. I'd do it by declaring byte[]
>instead of String. Are you using Aegis or JAXB?

Currently I'm using JAXB but I'm considering switching to Aegis  because
of better inheritance support (I just need to solve another problem
with that first). I guess then this can't be done transparently without
resorting to data model modyfication?

>If the data is larger than small, I think I should be pushing you to
>consider MTOM or some other attachment scheme.

The content that is having this illegal characters is extracted
from pdf and doc documents that can be up to 5 MB. I guess
I will have to read on that then.
    In the meantime I've added encryption hoping this would solve
my problem, but unfortunately it didn't.

BTW I'm wondering about any particular reason why this characters
are forbidden.

Thanks,
Patrick