Glen,

I understand that I am facing a challenging problem of class loaders and
class loading sequence, specifically for JBoss. As you can see, my CXF WAR
has everything it needs to run as I have included ALL jars from CXF lib
folder in its WEB-INF\lib.

My case is a very simple HelloWorld CXF WAR (the sample from Release 2.0.3)
onto JBoss 4.0.5 GA (directly unzipped from JBoss download without adding
any additional jar). In other words, it would be very easy for you or anyone
else to reproduce the errors.

>From the following URL link, it seems that you have already had some lucks
with JBoss 4.0.5 GA + CXF. What version of CXF did you use in this case?
Would I have a better luck if I pacakge my HelloWorld CXF in an EAR together
with the modified jboss-app.xml? For your info, I did not have the problem
of "LinkageErrors involving the QName class" in my case so far.
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/appserverguide.html

Thanks for your help!