Benson Margulies wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 13:05 -0500, Frederick N. Brier wrote:
I reread my own posting and realized that the problem is not in the detail element, but in the <faultcode> element which contains an arbitrary string, "ServerFaultCode", not a QName. The exception says:

"No NamespaceURI, SOAP requires faultcode content to be a QName"

I believe the faultcode element and QName requirement was introduced with SOAP 1.1. Can CXF be forced to validate using SOAP 1.0? If so, how? What are the ramifications? I checked the schemas specified in the WSDL document and they appear to be SOAP 1.0. Why didn't CXF automatically use same SOAP 1.0 schemas as were defined in the WSDL document?

The errors comes out of the SAAJ component, doesn't it?
Yes.