Hello,

I am using CXF with RESTful services, configured with Spring. My request objects (parameters to my service methods) and response objects (return types on my service methods) have a common structure, so I created some base classes with common members, which the actual request and response objects I use and declare as types in my service interface method signatures, and have discovered something horrible...which I hope is something only as horrible as my lack of knowledge on how to change the default behavior. Apparently, all members defined on the base classes are ignored when the serialization / deserialization binding occurs, and I receive NullPointerExceptions. If I take all the members defined in my base classes and stuff them into their subclasses, everything works fine. Obviously, this is a bad scene, as it requires me to duplicate code across every request and response object, respectively.

How do I alter the CXF behavior (using JAXB) so that I can have my request and response types extend from base classes and have those base class members serialize and deserialize properly?

Thanks,

Brad