Hi Fazle,
Since the request has no input, how about change your wsdl a bit to make it compatible with doc/liter/wrapped so that the generated method
timeSalesAllInstruments() has no input parameter.
I will change your wsdl inline
Regards

Freeman

Fazle Khan wrote:
I am trying to use cxf to make a soap request that has no attributes or
elements and it seems to be generating invalid xml.  I assume I'm using the
api wrong.

Here is part of the wsdl, notice the request has no attributes or elements

    <!--xs:element name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest"/-->

     <xs:element name="TimeSalesAllInstruments"/>

    <xs:element name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="numberInstruments"
type="xs:unsignedLong"/>
                <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
name="instrument" type="ci:TimeSalesType"/>
            </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>
    <xs:complexType name="TimeSalesType">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="instrumentId" type="xs:unsignedLong"/>
            <xs:element name="bid" nillable="true" type="xs:decimal"/>
            <xs:element name="ask" nillable="true" type="xs:decimal"/>
            <xs:element name="mostRecentExecutionPrice" nillable="true"
type="xs:decimal"/>
            <xs:element name="code" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
            <xs:element name="longName" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
            <xs:element name="shortName" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
            <xs:element name="volumeTraded" nillable="true"
type="xs:decimal"/>
            <xs:element name="openInterest" nillable="true"
type="xs:decimal"/>
            <xs:element name="imageURL" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
            <xs:element name="twentyFourHourChangeInPrice" nillable="true"
type="xs:decimal"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

  <wsdl:message name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse">
    <wsdl:part element="schema:TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse"
name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse">
    </wsdl:part>
  </wsdl:message>

  <wsdl:message name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest">
   <wsdl:part element="schema:TimeSalesAllInstruments"
name="TimeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest">
   </wsdl:part>
 </wsdl:message>

Here is the jaxB interface generated by cxfWSDLToJava, since the request as
no attributes no request class was generated
    @SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.BARE)
    @WebResult(targetNamespace = "http://cithaeron.com/schemas";, partName =
"TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse", name = "TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse")
    @WebMethod(operationName = "TimeSalesAllInstruments")
    public com.cithaeron.backoffice.api.TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse
timeSalesAllInstruments(
        @WebParam(targetNamespace = "http://cithaeron.com/schemas";, partName
= "TimeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest", name = "TimeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest")
        java.lang.Object timeSalesAllInstrumentsRequest
    );

TimeSalesAllInstrumentsResponse response =
client.timeSalesAllInstruments(null);

I assume I should not be passing null into the method, but what should I
pass?
-fazle