You need to create the client first or you can't get a real client.
So the code snippet should be
 JaxWsProxyFactoryBean proxyFactory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
  proxyFactory.setServiceClass(CustomerService.class);
  proxyFactory.setAddress(serviceURL);
  proxyFactory.setServiceName(serviceName);

// The Client instance will be created when call the proxyFactory's create method.
 CustomerService customerService = (CustomerService) proxyFactory.create();

 Client client = ClientProxy.getClient(cusomerService);
 HTTPConduit http =  (HTTPConduit) client.getConduit();

Willem

Arul Dhesiaseelan wrote:
Hi,

I tried the below code in the client side to set the client timeout as suggested in the documentation. I get a NPE when I try to get the conduit from client. Am I missing something?

Please clarify.

   JaxWsProxyFactoryBean proxyFactory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
   proxyFactory.setServiceClass(CustomerService.class);
   proxyFactory.setAddress(serviceURL);
   proxyFactory.setServiceName(serviceName);

   Client client = proxyFactory.getClientFactoryBean().getClient();
   HTTPConduit http = (HTTPConduit) client.getConduit();//NPE occurs here

   HTTPClientPolicy httpClientPolicy = new HTTPClientPolicy();
   httpClientPolicy.setConnectionTimeout(36000);
   httpClientPolicy.setAllowChunking(false);
   httpClientPolicy.setReceiveTimeout(32000);

Thank you
Arul

Arul Dhesiaseelan wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
When debugging our services, sometimes the time spent debugging is greater that the time-out period for the client call. How can I increase the allowed time-out period?

Thanks...

Chris

Scanned by MessageLabs for the Super Flux Friends
Can you try adding this to your client?

   HTTPClientPolicy httpClientPolicy = new HTTPClientPolicy();
   httpClientPolicy.setConnectionTimeout(0);
   httpClientPolicy.setAllowChunking(true);
((HTTPConduit) proxyFactory.getClientFactoryBean().getClient().getConduit()).setClient(httpClientPolicy);

Cheers,
Arul

Scanned by MessageLabs for the Super Flux Friends