* via http://theMezz.com/lists

* subscribe at http://techPolice.com

FBI Warns of Internet Terrorism
Online Municipal Information Systems May Be Targets
The Associated Press

Jan. 17  The FBI warned law enforcement and high-tech companies to be on guard for
possible terrorist activity that could use or affect the Internet, government
officials said.

The alert warned of possible attacks on or through utility, municipal and state
information systems, said Gordon Johndroe, spokesman for the White House office of
homeland security.

It was not specific in its time frame or geographic area, he said Wednesday.

The warning went to 18,000 law enforcement agencies and some technology firms, an FBI
official said.

The official said the alert, issued by the FBI's infrastructure-protection arm, was
less urgent than the general alerts the Bush administration has issued to all
Americans.

The government has called on law enforcement personnel across the nation to remain
vigilant against domestic terrorism until March 11, extending a standing alert through
the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DailyNews/NetTerrorWarn020117_wire.html

Debt Worries? Get Relief Now! Free Online Consultation
Settle Your Debts for Pennies on the Dollar! We Work For You
Resolve Your Debt! No Bankruptcy! Attorney Representation
http://click.topica.com/caaafyBb1dhr0b2EDp2f/NationalDebtNetwork

--via http://techPolice.com
archive: http://theMezz.com/cybercrime/archive
subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]