From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If I'd known the amount of time my fellow Cybershooters would devote to
assisting with my terminology problem, I might not have posted the query!
Many thanks to all who have helped, not least to Alex's friend in Colorado.
The original difficulty was the weird "duffle-A" business, but when that was
discovered to be a mis-transcription of "defilade" (after I'd listened to the
bum videotape several times) it was sorted, since although I'd never heard
the word used before I knew immediately it must be related to "enfilade".
Defilade is used here in noun form, meaning a minor fortification.
The "grazing fire" thing proved more difficult until the recent expert
commentary.
Incidentally, Red Dawn has grown on me somewhat, and it's not as bad as I'd
expected. Implausible maybe, but not stupid. Quite stirring in fact - and the
chorus of derision from the Guardian-reading constituency which greeted its
release is understandable, since the film celebrates such things as liberty,
patriotism, self reliance and, obliquely, the freedom to be armed. All things
which politicians in the USA and UK mostly fear and detest...

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]