From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's interesting that ruger have re-engineered their old .44Mag semi-auto
carbine and re-issued it using the same magazine as the lever action.  I
wonder if this will prompt anyone to produce a larger capacity magazine which
we could then use in the lever and bolt actions.  One or the other might just
be the ideal gallery rifle.

See: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/rfpages/deerfield_copy.html

Kenneth Pantling
--
I doubt it because (a) there is no demand in the US for such a device
and (b) it's quite difficult to do because the 4-round mag is a

If this new rifle takes off I suppose someone might, but at the 1999
SHOT show everyone I talked to said there was no way for the Ruger 96,
and as this new rifle is also aimed at deer hunters I'd be surprised
if anyone made a higher capacity magazine.

The Marlin and Winchester rifles most people use for GR really aren't
designed for target shooting either, with the possible exception of the
Marlin Cowboy and Cowboy 2.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]