From:   "niel fagan", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For those that remember my question about someone in
illegal possession of one of my fathers rifles when he
was taken seriously ill (the possession from what I've
discovered since was by deception and/or blackmail), the
person concerned pleaded not guilty, changed plea later
and got fined 750 pounds and lost both his cert's (what
the police dealing with this matter said is not for
public consumption, but they wanted his cert's very badly).
He is now appealing and hopes to have the fine reduced
and cert's reinstated! I await the outcome with interest....

I also hear that some interesting things happened over
the last weekend, several contractors working in a factory
unit in the area found a stash of guns (pistols and sawn-offs
were mentioned), so rather than put themselves in a difficult
situation they just hid them again and carried on with their
work. Later in the day several odd-bods were seen hanging
around, the contactor with the van left, but went back for
something, the odd-bods were smashing the door down, so he
called the police 3 (yes three) times, the last time
mentioning the guns...More police than he thought existed
in the area then appeared and several arrests were made.
Interesting points?
1. Workers didn't want to know and willing to ignore illegal guns.
2. Police didn't want to know until guns mentioned.

What do you make of that steve?

.Niel.
--
More of the usual!