From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Eight-year-old suspended over key-ring
>
>An eight-year-old schoolboy in the US has been suspended for taking a
>gun-shaped key-ring into class.
>
>Education chiefs in Green Bay, Wisconsin said the student was suspended for a
>day because he breached their ban on carrying replica firearms. The key-ring
>is about an inch-and-a-half in length.

        Steve,

        The same exact thing happened here in Seattle,
last year I do believe.
        This is all predicated on the thought of 'Zero
Tolerance', or the theme of absolute conformance.
        It is the mindset that is being used by the federal
government to ultimately fix in the minds of children that
firearms are 'bad', and therefore must be shunned whenever,
and wherever they are seen. It is tantamount to changing the
culture, and the antis pursue this policy whenever they get
the chance.
        In the above, the federal government gets to make
this call, even though it should be a state's call, because the
states are taking money from the fed, and the fed gets to call
the shots or the state loses the money.

ET
--
I have some Glock keyrings which have a tiny replica Glock 17
on them, I'll remember not to carry one in a US school!

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]