From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Wasn't it the SAS who came up with this in the '70s?  The idea
> is to intimidate the opponent.

If you check out the SAS clothing it isn't black its grey, SAS kit is
designed primarily for form and function.  MIB originated with US SWAT teams
and it seems that is what our police are imitating more than anything else.
--
The SAS Nomex suits are black, I've seen one.

I was watching something on the Discovery channel about SWAT teams
yesterday, LAPD wear blue BDUs, LASO wear OD green.  I suppose
dark blue looks black, especially when it's dark.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01