From:   "Alex Hamilton", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I am doing an engineering written project on the development
of the small arms cartridge (from paper, foil, coiled brass,
drawn brass (rimmed, rimless, RF, CF), to caseless) and I was
wondering if anyone knew of any, particularly engineering-type
texts on the subject, e.g. from the metallurgical and
manufacture point of view?  I have access to the complete
Bodlian library collection (so many books pre-1920 and every
book published post 1920) so obtaining them is not a problem.
Relevant patent applications (both US and UK) would also be useful.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike,

May I suggest that a good place to direct your inquiries is the Imperial
War Museum in Lambeth and specifically the Secretary of Historical
Breachloading Smallarms Association, David Penn, who is also the
museum's curator.  His email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Best of Luck,

Regards,

Alex

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]