From:   "Robert Dashwood", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yo!
Robert
Just had a 10/22 back from gunsmiths; new out of box, would not cycle any of
5 varieties of rounds. I was told stainless versions are a b- nuisance. Now
works well after a number of mods and bits of Volquartsen installed. Is this
a familiar problem?
--
Presumably for there to be such a large number of aftermarket products ;-)

You see there's my sarcasm at work.

Certainly I've seen 10/22s that are unreliable, semi-auto .22s need to
be kept very clean and they also need to be "shot in".  My .22 (not a
Ruger) was unreliable to begin with, and it still is with most brands
of ammo but after a brick of Federal it started to work 100%, at least
with Federal.

I don't think stainless steel has much to do with it, TBH.  Possibly
the chamber or something else was too tight.

Semi-autos usually work best with high-velocity solids in my experience.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01