From:   "Q. Baker", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Over the last couple of weeks I have be researching the apparent problem
with the trigger mechanism on Remington 700's.  I have heard for years
there was some sort of problem with the old safety arrangements but dis
regarded this as negative hype or situational, at least until January 12,
2001.  This is when one of my own older style 700's went off inside my
house as I was unloading it to clean it, (without touching the trigger).
The bullet penetrated two walls, a closet, a hutch type desk that my
Grandmother left me and entered our new mattress and bed frame.
Fortunately my wife or son wasn't home at the time.  I have since traded
the gun, but have kept the serial number and would like to report this to
someone that is keeping track of these numbers.  I have not been able to
find any contact information for anyone and thought you might have a name
with a contact number or email address.  Litigation is not my intent,
however, myself as a safety professional, I feel certain ethics are involved.

TIA,
Quent Baker
--
I have no idea I'm afraid.