From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The GyroJet took the idea for setting off the cartridge from a reverse of
the old pin-fire rifles, IIRC. At about 5 dollars a shot, it was terribly
inaccurate, and at the muzzle it had no real energy, thou was burning
fiercely. Beyond a hundred yards, the propellant having burned out,
the "bullet" was so light that it was quickly slowed by air resistance,
and was so light it would be unlikely to do you any damage, either. Since
accuratcy was said to be so bad you had trouble hitting a barn door at 20
yds, you can see why it died out quite quickly. The action of firing the
"bullet" hit the cartridge on the nose, then the rocket pushed the
hammer back down, ready for the next shot, as it left the chamber. Very
weird.

As for Caseless ammo and the G11, I thought the whole gun was sealed, so the
caseless ammo was sealed into the mag, and the gun had no moving firing pin
etc, so was also sealed away from the squaddies hands. All to stop the grains of
sand. It was meant to be very good, but then, it was expensive, and I don't know how
water-proof it was. Cleaning the barrel would be fun, after use, if it was
all sealed! Or clearing a dud round.

--
They spent loads on making sure that it was easy to clear a dud round,
all you had to was rotate the cocking handle (the chamber rotated to pick

Steve.

  -------[Cybershooters contacts]--------

  Editor: [EMAIL PROTECTED]