Steve S suffered a wind shear at Tarboro and Glendale, sacrificed his knee to save the bike,
a truly heroic effort.
Jim
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: "Tim & Susan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [COWs] Wed. ride report!
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:01:49 -0400
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: "Tim & Susan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [COWs] Wed. ride report!
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:01:49 -0400
That was a very nice ride tonight. Jim, Tim S., Steve S., Prafka, Cynthia, David and myself rode the 30 mile Tour de Lucama. The pace was a very consistent 20 to 21 mph with the occasional 22 mph. I hadn't ridden with any of you in a couple weeks and it was obvious that some have been doing a little extra training, or drugs. Prafka and Steve both turned it up a couple notches. Even Jim and Cynthia seemed to have turned it up a notch. I think Cynthia's high altitude training paid off. David rode very strong as well as Vino. I was foolish in riding 22 miles from work and another 30 tonight with only one bottle of water. Jim set up the final sprint up Downing Street at a 26 to 27 mph pace. Finally Steve puts the Fuji rocket ship in motion and I struggle to hang on. I stood up to make my move and both pistons seized up. I was done. I could only wave as they all passed me by. I asked for the beating and I got it. 80 oz. of Gatorade later and the cramps are still coming in waves. Next time you see Steve S., ask him about that slice of pepperoni on his knee.
tim
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/CyclistsOfWilson-COWs?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
