Nice!
    The only element left out is 'RAIN"  Hopefully we'll not have to deal with 
it but descending on a mountain road in the rain can be a little nerve racking. 
 Fingers crossed on that one.  As for gathering at the start, just look for CoW 
jerseys. 
    Tim's tip, Ride easy for the first 100K, don't ride someone else's pace, 
ride yours!  Food and electrolytes a must.  Here in Wilson you can ride through 
a bonk or cramps but there it will be much more difficult at those grades.  
Enjoy the ride! 



  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Goocey M.K. Joshua 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:49 PM
  Subject: [COWs] The Gucci Mountain Report


  I attended a wedding in Greensboro on Saturday.  So, I decided to take 
advantage of the close proximity to Pilot Mountain.  On Friday, I summited the 
two mile mountain road three times for a total of about 6,600 vertical feet of 
climbing in 15 miles.  Each assent equals roughly 2,200 feet in 2 miles, and 
the hill averages just over a 9% grade,  peaking at 18% .  All in all it took 
right at 2 hours.  I did not have my new BSG cassette installed.  So, I did it 
the hard way.  Other than the important  technical lessons i learned about 
ascending and descending, I learned to embrace hills and heat.  Now I have wind 
(the 97 mile beach ride), hills and heat under my saddle.  Tim, is there 
anything else?


  On Saturday I soloed 35 miles on the hills of Greensboro, averaging 15.5 mph, 
down from my Wilson avg of 18 mph.  Considering the previous days training and 
the rolling hills of GSO, I felt satisfied.


  I don't know if I'm ready for BSG, but I have done all I can.


  I hope to get out for one more group ride before BSG.  


  Do we have any plans to all meet up and start the BSG ride together.  I know 
that we definitely won't finish together, at least I know that I won't finish 
with the CoW's peloton, but it would be nice to start out with a few friendly 
faces.


  Peace,
  Goose










  Rev. Joshua M.K. Goocey
  Senior Minister
  First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
  207 Tarboro St. N.
  Wilson, NC 27896
  [email protected]


  Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly 
because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have 
acted rightly. 
  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.  
Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy









    -- 

    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.

    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].


    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.







    -- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
    For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.




  -- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
  For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

Reply via email to