Hey CoWs Anyone interested in joining me on this ride? This is a group up in Henderson/Oxford area I ride with sometimes. They are a good group and this should be a fun ride. I know Tim L. has been on some of the roads in this area and I'm sure he would agree it’s a nice place to ride. If some of you do want to join me and want to make it a 100miler I can map out the extra miles. Travel time from Wilson to the start stop is about an hour and 15min. If interested I can send you the Que Sheet. DC
Saturday October 23rd 9 AM (PLEASE BE ON TIME) Leaving from the Oxford/Henderson Airport - Please let me know if you need directions Round trip route - apx 80 miles Kerr/Gaston Dam out and back - apx 58 miles Shorter out/back options available Short stop at Buchannan's store around the 25 mile mark Lunch stop in Clarksville around the 52 mile mark There isn't much opportunity to refill bottles from Buchannan's to Clarksville so plan accordingly. You might be able to catch a gas station/store in Boynton if needed. LUNCH STOP DETAILS: Rick Palamar has tentatively volunteered to bring sandwiches, drinks etc. for a lunch stop at the Occoneechee State Park in Clarksville. He won't know for sure until after Oct 17th. If he can bring lunch, a few dollars donation to cover the cost would be great. If he can't PLAN B is to bring enough money to eat in Clarksville. We will try to make this stop shorter than the last couple of times we ate in Clarksville. Either way, bring some cash. I know not everyone wants to stop, and that is fine too. The distance from Clarksville to the end is about 28 miles. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO STOP FOR THE PICNIC LUNCH SO RICK HAS AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH TO PURCHASE. QUE SHEET: I attached a copy of a que sheet Olie so graciously did for us the last time. Some roads just have the road numbers without the names. If anyone either knows the road names or can fill them in with the help of their GPS or some other software and e-mail that back to me - I'll be happy to print out copies. We have a wide range of riders that average 17-23 mph, so I'm sure we'll be split up a bit. So if you're not familiar with the route, don't worry, I won't leave anyone behind. As most of you know, we're a semi-organized group of riders (it doesn't get too complicated that way) so just come out, enjoy this beautiful ride and have fun! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.
