Barring a wedding in the mountains, I'd love to put this on my calendar for 
next year.  kp

--- On Mon, 6/6/11, David C. <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: David C. <[email protected]>
> Subject: [COWs] Kerr lake Triathlon Report
> To: "CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" <[email protected]>
> Date: Monday, June 6, 2011, 10:50 AM
> Another great Kerr Lake Triathlon
> again this year and having 5 other
> Cows from Wilson join me just added to the
> excitement.  Saturday
> afternoon Linda, David Wilhelm, Chris H and I met at the
> Henderson
> Family YMCA for packet pick-up.  From there we headed
> out to Kerr Lake
> to my parents lake house where Turbo Dan join the
> crew.  After some
> conversation the group put on bathing suits and headed down
> to the
> lake.  We took the boat over to view the swim course
> and work on our
> sun tan.
> 
> Dinner was at one of my fav Italian places called
> Pinos.  I think
> there was more beer and win consumed then pasta. 
> Headed back out to
> the lake so everyone could get all their gear together for
> the race.
> Turbo Dan had control of the remote and we needed up
> watching some
> singing show called the voice…I had no idea Dan that kind
> of guy.
> After a few more beers( that were needed for sure watching
> this show)
> we hit the hay.
> 
> 5:30am came early, but all were up and ready to pull away
> from the
> dock at 6:30.  (yep we put all the bikes and gear on
> the boat and my
> dad took us to the event by water)  Jon met us over
> there.
> Water temp was 82 so no wetsuits were allowed.
> Dang……  Turbo Dan and I
> were in wave 2, Chris H in wave 3 and David swimming the
> relay was in
> the last wave.  Dan and I swam just about the entire
> swim beside each
> other…I just could not shake him.  I tried kicking
> and elbowing him a
> few times, but no luck.
> 
> DC out of the water 31:16, Dan 31:46 and Chris 38:42 then
> it was on
> the bike.  My transition was the worst ever so I was
> not sure how I
> was going to do, but I recovered and finished 1:04:29, Dan
> 1:09:11 and
> Chris 1:09:19.  As we headed out on the bikes it
> started raining, but
> we all agreed that was a good thing because it cooled
> things off and
> it was overcast the rest of the race.  Everyone seemed
> to have a good
> run DC in 46:44, Dan 55:50 and Chris 50:34.
> 122 men participated:  Dan -51 overall 2nd in his
> category, Chris- 57
> overall and DC- 19 overall 4th age group
> 
> Now for the “Students of Pain” relay report:
> 
> David Wilhelm, Jon S and Linda C.
> 
> David’s swim was 32:11 but the first turn flag broke and
> started
> floating away so this group ended up swimming a little more
> then was
> planned.  There were some unhappy swimmers.  (all
> agreed that the swim
> was long anyway and I’m sure this just added to the
> frustration) Jon
> had a good ride at 1:06:50 and Linda finished out on the
> run strong at
> 52:19. (her first competition 10k)
> The Students of Pain finished 3rd overall out of 10 relay
> teams with a
> time of 2:32:07…..SWEET!!!!
> 
> After getting their awards all loaded the gear back on the
> boat and
> headed home, had lunch and all but Dan headed back down to
> the water
> for an afternoon of water skiing and recovery drinks.
> We all want to make this an annual event.  Anymore
> Cows want to join
> in next year?
> What a great weekend…
> DC
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.
> 
> 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CyclistsOfWilson-COWs" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclistsofwilson-cows?hl=en.

Reply via email to