setup files:

#1)

@ ghostscript
requires: cygwin libpng2 zlib ghostscript-base
version: 7.05-1

You don't specify the version in setup.hint.  You either
   a) don't include any version info at all; upset will figure it out
   b) specify using curr: prev: and test: key words...

e.g. curr: 6.52-1
      test: 7.05-1

requires:  libpng2??  REALLY?  Are you sure it isn't libpng12? (you
could temporarily list both libpng2 and libpng12, since it's probable
that 6.52-1 needs libpng2 but 7.05-1 needs libpng12)

#2)

@ ghostscript-x11
requires: cygwin cygwin-xfree86 libpng2 zlib ghostscript-base
version: 7.05-1

ditto version:.  Ditto libpng2 -- except here I'm SURE you don't need
libpng2 -- you want libpng12 (and not both; there is no gs-x11-6.52-1)

Also, the correct require: for xfree is 'XFree86-base'.  there is no
'cygwin-xfree86' package.

#3)

@ ghostscript-base
category: Graphics
requires: cygwin
version: 7.05-1

Ditto version:.  Also, this package probably doesn't directly require
cygwin.  It's just docs, right?

-
packages:
-base- contains:
   usr/doc/Cygwin/ghostscript-7.05.README
   usr/doc/ghostscript-7.05/*
   usr/man/de/man1/*
   usr/man/man1/*
   usr/share/ghostscript/7.05/*
   usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/*

-(nonx)- contains:
   usr/bin/*

-x- contains:
   usr/X11R6/bin/*

There are no postinstall scripts, no symlinks.  I assume, then, that the
-x- version was compiled so that it automatically looked outside of its
own -prefix (e.g. not under /usr/X11R6/, but instead under
/usr/share/ghostscript) for its runtime files.  This is fine by me.

However, the man pages are not under share -- yet are shared.  (Not
complaining, just pointing it out).  I assume this was done because of
the difficulties involved with changing the cygwin standard -- we'd need
  a new 'man' package, or everybody'd have to muck with MANPATH, etc
etc.  This seems like a sensible way to go, for now.  (Although, I've
never seen localized man pages separated out that way -- is that normal?)

-src- package:
is a 'method 1' package (http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html).  (not
complaining, just pointing it out).  BTW, refresh me on the jpeg
problem?  Why can't gs use the official cygwin library?

In summary, the packages look good -- but the setup.hints need some
work. :-)

--Chuck