Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> There just one small bugreport on -2, from Chuck, which has been
> fixed, so I think this is it.
>
> There was some delay because I had hoped, after spending the weekend
> and yesterday night hacking on mknetrel, to junk my cygwin-cross tools
> and use mknetrel for packaging Guile, but alas, it appears that it's
> not going to be that way any time soon.
>
> Please upload [if you don't spot some stupid mistake].
>

> guile (1.5.6-3) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Bugfix for native buildscript.
>   * Development package named guile-devel (previously libguile-devel).
>
>  -- Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Tue,  9 Jul 2002 03:22:54 +0200
>

> Greetings,
> Jan.

Uploaded.  I made some corrections to the setup.hints, I hope that was okay.

guile-devel:
WAS: requires: cygwin
  IS: requires: cygwin guile libguile14
WHY: usr/bin/guile-config is a guile script, so it needs guile.exe from
      the 'guile' package.  Also, usr/lib/libguile.dll.a is pretty
      useless without cygguile-14.dll -- from the 'libguile14' package.

guile-doc:
WAS: requires: cygwin
  IS: requires: texinfo
WHY: it's all info files.  they don't need cygwin, they need info.exe
      from the 'texinfo' package. (texinfo requires cygiwn, but we don't
      list subsidiary requirements).

libguile14:
WAS: requires: cygwin
  IS: requires: cygwin libtool-devel
WHY: cygguile-14.dll depends on cygltdl-3.dll, which is currently
      distributed in the libtool-devel package.(*)

(*) This kinda sucks, because requiring libtool-devel then causes all of
the following to be installed:
   autoconf-devel
   automake-devel
   autoconf (wrapper)
   automake (wrapper)
   libtool (wrapper)

Mebbe I ought split out the dll...but right now, libtool-devel IS
required by libguile14, or cygguile-14.dll will break.

Anyway, don't worry about correcting the setup.hints if they are
included inside the -src archive -- just don't forget to fix them before
the next regularly scheduled update of the guile ensemble.

--Chuck