Robert Collins wrote:

> mmm, time for arch/subversion/another one of the recent pack of opensource /
> free software revision control systems?

Mebbe -- but cygwin still needs a cvs port, because cvs is still the
standard.  The main attractions to cvsnt are

1) it's still basically cvs.  same code base, except a more open
development model -- often resync'ed to the "real" cvs code.  This means
they'll accept our bugfixes and wacky gdbm stuff (hopefully).

2) Because they are focused on windows operation, they already have a
good understanding of text/binary issues.  They'll be open to the
workarounds necessary for smoother cygwin operation on text 'mounts'.

3) They alread have a working daemon implementation for :pserver:, as
well as a unique :ntserver: mode that uses the NT/2K/XP SAM password
database for authentication.  Long term, it would be nice to get that
working on cygwin.

However, I certainly won't object if somebody wants to port/maintain an
arch/subversion/whatever package.

--Chuck